Products Qty: 2
Andrew Comiskey, founder of Desert Stream/Living Waters Ministries for those struggling sexually, shares here his profound experience in moving from brokenness (including same-sex desires) to a healthy and renewed Christian life. The Church’s clear, powerful teachings on marriage and family helped him control his passions and live a sexually integrated life.
With candor and grace, Comiskey recounts real-life stories of people who were freed from the grip of sexual disorders. You’ll see how darkness is dispelled in those who seek the presence of the Crucified Christ and how they gained control over their physical, emotional, and psychological sins. In page after page, you will learn to accept the person God created you to be and celebrate authentic human dignity. You will also discover how:
- The Holy Eucharist is our remedy for impurity and fortifies us in the battle for holiness
- Persons pursuing religious vocations can integrate their sexuality
- The Cross of Christ helps us to carry little crosses and so love others with an undivided heart
- We need strong relationships in the community of believers to avoid occasions of sin
- "Spiritual chastity" is important in forming personalism and sexual chastity
- Divine Mercy provides the secret to restoring authentic intimacy in Christ
Additionally, Comiskey highlights how to live chastely in marriage and how the gift of self to one’s spouse reflects the gift of Christ’s sacrifice for His Bride, the Church. He further evaluates the crisis in the priesthood and how celibacy points to Heaven and the resurrection of the body.
You will see how frequent reception of Holy Communion and the sacrament of Confession help you flourish in following God’s plan, develop self-control, and love others. You will learn why prudence is the paramount cardinal virtue and how it assists you in knowing what is true, opening yourself to Christ’s love, and acting in His freedom. Such freedom requires justice-knowing one’s impact on others-and fortitude-enduring hardship for another’s good, as Comiskey makes clear.$35.95